Monday, September 07, 2009

From the enchanted world



"In most cases, those who where adept at enchantment lacked the natural insight and inborn generosity of the first wizards. Instead, they where introverted seekers afer lost or hidden powers, scholars who used arcane systems and complex, secret sciences to reach into the mysteries they knew existed just out of sight and almost out of reach. They where explorers breaching forbidden seas, and some paid dearly for the treasures they acquired".
"Their dark ventures, though, were far in the unimagined future when Vainamöinen and the first enchanters lived. The earth was very new then, and things of the natural world were changeable as opals, or so the chroniclers say". By Brendan Lehane.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"You made me confess the fears that I have. But I will tell you also what I do not fear. I do not fear to be alone or to be spurned for another or to leave whatever I have to leave. And I am not afraid to make a mistake, even a great mistake, a lifelong mistake and perhaps as long as eternity too"...