Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Literatura versus Arte Contemporáneo.




Sin duda, la mejor película que he visto este año o "de cuando la literatura vence, gana, desenmascara al arte contemporáneo".  Glorioso momento, capiche?



"Artist: Did you enjoy the performance?

Writer: Parts of it. That violent head-butt explains a lot. Let’s start at the beginning.

Artist: Why not the end? You know, Talia concept love to provoke.

Writer: Don’t bother. There are more important things than provoking me. And this referring to your self in the third person is unbearable. What are you reading?

Artist: I don’t need to read. I live on vibrations, including extrasensory ones.

Writer: Setting the extrasensory aside for a moment what do you mean by vibrations?

Artist: How does one use the crude vulgarity of words to explain the poetry of vibrations?

Writer: Well, try.

Artist: I’m an artist . I don’t need to explain jack shit.

Writer: Then I will write “Lives on vibrations but doesn’t know what they are”.

Artist: I’m starting to dislike this interview. I sense conflict in you.

Writer: Conflict as a vibration?

Artist: As a pain in the ass. Let’s discuss how my mother’s boyfriend abused me.

Writer: No! I want to know what vibrations are.

Artist: They’re my radar for listening in on the world.

Writer: Your radar… meaning?

Artist: You are a pain in the ass. We got off to a bad start. Talia concepts wants to be interviewed by your paper. It has a lot of readers. But you’re biased. Write about how she has sex with her boyfriend 11 times a day. He’s a talented conceptual artist. He covers basketball in confetti. It’s sensational.

Writer: Talia concept is talking about things she doesn’t understand. All I’ve heard so far is unpublishable fluff. If you think I’ll fall for “I´m an artist , I don’t need to explain”, you’re mistaken. Our paper has a very educated readership that won’t be taken for fools. I work for them.

Artist: Then let me talk about my eventful and difficult but necessary journey as an artist.

Writer: Necessary for whom? For heaven’s sake, ma’am what is a vibration?

Artist: I don’t know.

Writer: You don’t know.

Artist: You’re an obsessive jerk! I’ll tell your editor to send me a journalist of greater stature.

Writer: A word of advice: When you speak with her, go easy on the stature business. She’s a dwarf".


Extracto de la película La Grande Bellezza de Paolo Sorrentino. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"You made me confess the fears that I have. But I will tell you also what I do not fear. I do not fear to be alone or to be spurned for another or to leave whatever I have to leave. And I am not afraid to make a mistake, even a great mistake, a lifelong mistake and perhaps as long as eternity too"...